re-negotiated to FAR LESS THAN HALF of ARV to get it moved!! HUGE $money$-maker if you’ll tackle the settling!
-a few structural engineers assessed it; details below (*or bring your own, or tell your foundation friends!)
-the property will return massively to the right buyer that has the efficiencies to tackle these types of repairs
-very nice property otherwise in a superb location (+423 feet to Brookline Pre-K → 8 School!)
Owner-occupied for nearly 20 years; 3 BR brick SFR – on the busline, 2 blocks to Brookline Boulevard.
You can spare reading the rest & just see the #s pics below:
Pioneer Avenue *only* comps:
at ARV ($155-$215k):
~$50-$80k ca$h return:
- beautiful flat wide street; on slightly over ⅛-acre lot
- walk-bus-[maybe] bike
- EVERYTHING steps away (of course); downtown<10 minutes!
- sub-$1k taxes!!
Lowest comp I found was $142,500.
Get that brick/garage fixed-up & rent it as-is / no further updating for up to $1,425; eg:
RentalExample-A ($1,450; parking yet no garage)
RentalExample-B ($1,400 on same street; no garage)
Below are the main elements:
- both sides of the house are sinking
- the garage is pulling away from the house, separating the brick
- the rear is sinking to where you will see the window casements pulling-out
- will need new footers to prop up those areas
- (see photos!!)
- beautiful woodwork
- can likely add a partial bath to basement
- hardwood, tile
- refrigerator/microwave/some other things stay
- flat front & rear yards; deck in rear
- new H2O tank; not-so-old furnace (2002), flooring, painting, full-glass storm door
- level entry
- big rooms
-kitchen (2016-2017; paint, flooring)
-interior paint, complete (2019)
Pictures should say the rest – all structural & interior photos in the reel (*might look scarier than it is!).
- Taxes: $973
- Electric: Updated
- Plumbing: Updated
- Kitchen: Recently updated
- Bath: Updated
- Roof: 3 yrs old
- Furnace: 18 yrs old
- Hot Water Tank: New (2019)
- Windows: Double-paned
- Floors: 2
- Parking: 1-car attached garage (needs work to function)
- Rental Potential: $1,275-$1,425/mo