massively damaged Victorian on massive lot – Fire House
Second floor = TORCHED
Fire House needs everything on second floor + upper ½ floor, some of the rest of the house perhaps salvageable, but not guaranteed. Hence <$10k asking price, which is pretty much just for the land. But maybe not – Bonus if you choose to save this large, once-excellent VICTORIAN spot.
BIG brick SFR – 2,626 square feet. Restore to beautiful single-family brick wonder or convert to duplex. Or build a new dwelling (or 2!). If just want the land, the lot is one of the biggest in Swissvale at over ¼-acre. Land value alone worth more than asking price.
Detached 3-car garage structure on the property; perhaps can’t be saved, but can be rebuilt. Brick & foundation in both main dwelling + garage in-tact, but that might be about it! ☹
Pictures show main floor wasn’t affected much – shows the solidity of the property, at the least.
Location is XXX-prime! And you could have potentially the only 4-BR SFR rental in the municipality.
If you keep it:
- 2,626 square feet – living
- 11,355 square-foot lot
- 4BR, 2 full BA
- covered rear porch+deck; enormous front porch
- central heat
- nice original wood downstairs + staircase to refinish
- decent kitchen!
- WalkScore: 50
- 0.9 miles to Edgewood town center, I-376, etc.
- OFF-STREET parking – long driveway; fix/replace big 3-car garage in rear of property
- LL components (eg, H2O tank, furnace) probably still work
- good ARV and/or lot value
Extra-high ceilings, extra-low price.
- Taxes: $3,153
- Electric: Needs work/replacing
- Plumbing: Needs work/replacing
- Kitchen: Updated; unsure of smoke damage
- Bath: (Both) Need updating/replacing
- Roof: Needs replacing
- Furnace: Seems OK
- Hot Water Tank: 10 yrs old
- Windows: Mixed; several missing on fire-floors
- Floors: 2.5
- Parking: Off-street
- Rental Potential: $1,425/mo