*rental capacity/CAP: >$3k per month / up to 13% in one of our fastest-climbing neighborhoods
*or opt for a ~$100k return
*Fineview – part of Pittsburgh’s Historic North Side
3 parcels for the price of one, really… a 3BR renovation, a 3BR rehab, & a lot. Bonus decks & garages.
Even w/3 parcels you get those cheap city taxes; just over $1,100 total for all three.
Fineview really did get the name from the niche neighborhood having a Fine View of the city skyline. The famous Fineview Overlook is on this street, 350 feet away (yes, this is really the view when you walk outside):
Or perhaps you/your tenants also want to walk ½-mile to AGH.
**for the non-locals to have a read: Fineview
You can call it a duplex but they’re actually independent, end-rowhouse parcels so a bit more private/detached than, say, an up-down converted multi where you feel like you’re living with other floors’ occupants 👍 your choice whether to deed them together ± the lot or keep separate. You’re looking at >$200k each if you flip them as 2 SFRs:
With the scarcity of 3BRs+garage parking in this area, looking at rental capacity of $3,000/month easily.
Lot used to house whatever resided at 1707 Meadville Street. Would actually make some good sense to build on the adjoining Bonus Lot since several new homes were recently built on this street, with more likely scheduled.
- Rent one, flip one
- Rent both
- Flip both with or without lot
- Rent both & build something or extra parking
*there is/was a foundation matter that was thought to be remedied; looking like it needs some diagonal/vertical piers to prevent settlement/displacement. Might or might not need some insulating soil. Bring your engineers to assess cost; shouldn’t be the worst per the report I have available, if interested, from a Registered Professional PA Engineer. PRICE REFLECTS THIS!
- Taxes: $1,102 (312+772+18)
- Electric: (1) Updated; (1) Needs updating
- Plumbing: (1) Updated; (1) Needs updating
- Kitchen: Needs updating (both)
- Bath: (1) Updated; (1) Needs updating
- Roof: Replaced 2013 (both)
- Furnace: (1) ≈12 yrs old; (1) shot
- Hot Water Tank: (1) 7 yrs old; (1) missing
- Windows: (1) Double-paned; (1) original
- Units: (2) 3BR/1 BA
- Floors: 2.5 (both)
- Parking: Shared 2-car garage (divided by wall/property line)
- Rental Potential: $3,150/mo