2-piece package in the Slopes! **price is not a typo
- A lovely, recently vacated duplex + a rehab single family attached to each other.
- Full rehab SFR does have a new roof as of 2020, but that’s about it.
- $3,775 total monthly rental potential for the three units will put your cap near 15¾% after you rehab the single-family to rent-ready (proposed breakdown in reel).
- Can collect around a 12% cap rate ASAP / before rehabbing the vacant SFR if you rent the DX for $1,075/unit.
- Potential $400k return w/collective ARV of around $650k; ease-up on the updates and likely still collect $300k ca$h.
- Please be prepared to close as quickly as the city can.
- the DX
- up-and-down units, 1BR/1BA each
- rentable condition
- electric is separate
- hot water tank & roof are 5 years-old
- vacant as of 5 months ago
- kitchens & baths updated well in 2017
- very nice place! check-out that deck + kitchen + exposed brick!
- the SFR
- needs a complete rehab
- NEW ROOF (whew!!)
- central heat
- obvs. also vacant
- lots of off-street parking for both in rear
- covered front porches, patios, and a big, gorgeous deck
- both have great layouts, from the basements to the tall attics to the outside spaces
SFR comps’ photos; all early 1900s builds, most are also semi-detached:
Recently Sold Homes in Pittsburgh PA – 95 Transactions | | Zillow
Sample of a sold duplex in the Slopes:
2838-2840 Josephine St, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 || Zillow
- Taxes: $1,358 total ($653+$705)
- Electric: (1) Updated/rewired but needs new panel; (1) Needs updating
- Plumbing: (1) Updated; (1) Needs updating
- Kitchen: (1) Nicely updated; (1) Needs one
- Bath: (2) Updated; (1½) Need put in
- Roof: (1) 5 yrs old; (1) 2 yrs old
- Furnace: (1) boiler: 35 yrs old; (1) shot
- Hot Water Tank: (1) 6 yrs old; (1) shot
- Windows: (1) Double-paned; (1) Original
- Floors: 2.5 (both)
- 5 BR/3.5 BA Total
- (2) 1BR/1BA (DX);
- ~3BR/1.5BA (SFR)
- Parking: Off-street; PLENTY (both)
- Rental Potential: $3,775 TOTAL/month (1,625+1,075+1,075)