Carpenter-owned, managed, & remodeled CityView duplex; just vacated after gathering $1,275/month in rent even when it was outdated. Market min. rent of $1,125/side at ARV will put you at min. 27% cap, especially with the rarity of the parking/lot size & the 2nd ½-bath in each unit.
Chronological photo reel will tell the story of the *contrasting sides*:
-1 essentially a full-gut
Good components (hot water tanks, furnaces, roof, etc.).
- LL: Full baths & 1st BR
- ML: ½-bath, kitchen, living room
- UL: the 2nd BR
- Walkout basements
- Shared large shed
- Basement laundry
- Double-lot – over ¼-acre(!!)
- Separate front entrances under covered porch (both front+rear)
- Off-street parking on BOTH sides of the property – 1 side for each unit!!
3rd floor of the actively remodeled unit just needs the bedroom finished; rest is done (kitchen, both baths, new flooring .. ) [pictured midway through reel].
keyword: duplex comps
Finish it off for up to a $60k+ return or 27%+ CAP in the CityView / NorthSide location most desire:
- I-279 ¾-mile
- Taxes under $1k/year
- Of course per the neighborhood name, an astonishing city view
- ~half of the windows were replaced
- Right on the busline; CMU, Pitt, Carlow, Duquesne, CCAC, Point
- Park all a ≈24→39-minute ride
- BIG lot w/big parking & big yard
- Rent for $$ back in about 4 years or sell it for $100k more than asking price whenever you fix the other side
The #6 bus to Downtown is actually at both ends of the block … @Yetta & @Steine both a ≈300-foot walk.
- Taxes: $763
- Electric: Updated
- Plumbing: Updated
- Kitchen: (1) Updated; (1) Needs updating
- Bath: (2) Remodeled; (2) Need updating
- Roof: 20 yrs old
- Furnace: (1) 5 yrs old; (1) 10 yrs old
- Hot Water Tank: 9 yrs old (both)
- Windows: Mixed
- (2) 2 BR / 1.5 BA
- Floors: 2.25
- Parking: Off-street (lots!)
- Rental Potential: $2,250/mo TOTAL