Up/Down duplex – converted 4BR SFR to 2 units.
- HUGE highlight: fully rewired
- newly plumbed, inc. for washer & dryer
- ALL rehab started; most new drywall in!
- can add garage or parking pad – open space in alley (see photo)
Vacant, newly converted 3BR DX @the Duquesne-W. Mifflin border. Work started; needs finished.
- cheap taxes: $918/year
- central heat
- go for central air when you put a new furnace in
- Up-&-Down – 2BR (up), 1BR (down)
- lovely wraparound covered porch
- nice residential brick road
- all parts there are in good shape, some even newer
- 5 miles: Allegheny County Airport
- 1 minute:
- West Mifflin
- 5 minutes:
- 13 minutes:
- check aerial view pic for bus stop locations right in front!
ARV: $76k. Can creatively find comps; some SFR-converts to DXs still not reflected in property records – see 6th pic in reel for comps of zoned duplexes
(seems about right w/the immediate SFR comps averaging right @$100k).
Rental capacity: $1375/month @ average comps of $725/2BR, $650/1BR
(might be able to grab a little more if you go wild w/the rehab).
- CAP: 22.25% → 24%
- Est. repair: $26k → $31k
- *even if you live in ½, can still enjoy a cap of ≈12%
Make your money back in 4-5 years 😮
- a good H2O tank
- potential off-street parking
- the cheapest duplex within miles
- Kitchens & baths finished – some parts are there (eg, cabinets, tubs)
- Flooring – refinish HW and/or add carpet
- Rezoned; work is nearly done – segregated electric, etc.
A comparable Duquesne DX sold for $58k – updated OK; another renovated 4/2 brick for $78k. A duplex converted to SFR for $90k, so it’s pretty good.
- Taxes: $918
- Electric: Updated
- Plumbing: Updated
- Kitchen: Needs installation/finishing (both)
- Bath: Needs installation/finishing (both)
- Roof: Good; approx. 18 yrs old
- Furnace: Missing; needs one
- Hot Water Tank: 5 yrs old
- Windows: Single-paned
- (1) 2 BR / 1 BA; (1) 1 BR / 1 BA
- Floors: 2
- Parking: On-street / off-street
- Rental Potential: $1,375/mo TOTAL