Needs a good rehab yet has some newer parts & is a functional property (has only been vacant for about a year).
Wilkinsburg ZIP, yet in city limits (East Hills, Ward 13). Property taxes $1,106 with an assessment of $48,900 .. they’ll be negligible after this sale!
3BR/3BA triplex when last zoned; has the potential for 4 units (now is 4BR/4BA). You can do whatever you want with it via whichever path allows best for your pretty massive return. Sits on a little over 1⁄10 of an acre w/LOTS of parking.
Nothing hidden or weird about the property; local investor selling-off most of them. Clear taxes, no surprises on the title, etc. Plus it’s city so should be far easier to gain building/occupancy permits than if it resided in Wilkinsburg.
Great appeal at the curb & on a pleasant street lined with brick rentals on 1 side, big, unique properties on the other:
- Large 2-car garage + 2 parking pads
- Exceptionally large lot per the area + only neighbored to 1 side
- 2 porches (F/R)
- Central heat w/8 year-old furnace
- Double-paned windows
- Updated electric, some updated plumbing
- CAP potential up to 25¼% even w/$100k in
It has a new roof & back steps, *however* there is water damage in the property (obvious per photos) since the roofer didn’t complete the job :/
Part of it was rented ≈1 year ago for $1,100/month (ie, not all rooms functional). Zone it however you want (SFR, DX, TRX, QRX).
There are plenty of Handyman-Special-TriPlexes that sold for far more money; I even sold this one recently for what it might show (full rehab ½-mile away: 2x the work, 3x the price):
1208 Center Street, 15221
Others recently sold:
–North ($71k, not brick)
Nostalgia remains in woodwork, tall ceilings, big & bright rooms (lots of natural light, & Victorian traits.
/ Additional Information /
layout can support anywhere from an SFR → quadruplex!!
- Taxes: $1,107
- Electric: Updated
- Plumbing: Needs some updating
- Kitchen: Not the worst; needs updating
- Bath: (All) Needs Updating
- Roof: New, but might need replacing
- Furnace: ≈8 yrs old
- Hot Water Tank: >10 yrs old
- Windows: Double Paned
- Floors: 2.5
- Parking: TONS (2-car+ detached garage & 2+ parking pads)
- Rental Potential: up to $3,300/mo total ($825/unit – Market; $706/unit – Sec.8)