Spacious lot; somewhat private. Update as desired & do handywork/post-tenant clean-up for ASAP easy rents. The photos will paint a clear picture of what you’ll want to do.
Updated electric & plumbing.
Property was recently occupied, so it’s livable – an excellent deal priced for hopeful quick sale. The greatest of your expenses will likely be in the windows if you’re keeping as a rental.
*has GREAT fire escape – huge plus to remain a zoned triplex!
A good historic home that proudly represents Wilkinsburg surrounded by other Big & Beautiful multifamilies:
- Private entrances
- EZ parking
- Nostalgic: hardwood, built-ins, Victorian w/tower and angled bay windows
- BIG units (average 1,230 square feet each)!
After repairs/updates + price of triplex, CAP @ 23%.
Everything nearby – has a WalkScore of 77! 1 mile from Regent Square; blocks from Penn’s Bus. District & I-376:
- A *1*-minute walk to Turner Elementary/Intermediate School (the old Wilkinsburg High School)
- 3-minute drive to Kelly Primary School
- 8-minute drive or 16-minute bus ride to Westinghouse Academy (the new high school)
Bonuses = enormous covered front porch & furnaces (3) + H2O tanks (3) all 6-10 years-old.
Owner kept this property tight – try to get an appointment ASAP if you want to walk-through; don’t expect it to last through the week!
Redev & tax credit efforts caused area home values to appreciate nearly 100% in 18 months.
Here are handyman-special triplexes within a couple streets:
- $71k 200 feet away; very similar only it’s a frame construction – not Victorian brick!
- Taxes: $1,929
- Electric: Updated
- Plumbing: Updated
- Kitchen: (3) Needs Updating
- Bath: (3) Needs Updating
- Roof: 20 yrs old
- Furnace: (3) 6 yrs old
- Hot Water Tank: (3) <10 yrs old
- Windows: (35) Need replacing
- (3) 2 BR / 1 BA
- Floors: 2
- Parking: On-street (plenty)
- Rental Potential: $2,775/mo total ($925/unit – Market; $855/unit – Sec.8)